Thursday, January 03, 2008

the new year has begun

so i'm not big about the whole new years resolution idea. just think that if you want to change something in your life you should do it right then and there, not wait for a new year to begin. (little side note, don't wear a necklace where the charm dangles when there's a 6 month old cat/kitten on your lab).

anyways...altho i don't care for new years resolutions, i kinda made one for me. in a way tho it's 'cause i also feel like i don't have much to lose. it might take me a while to fully convince myself tho that i don't have much to lose. what i plan to do is to follow a quote (which i know i've said i was gonna try and do a couple times before this). the quote is from the tv show Roswell, which oddly enough is one sci-fi show i got my mom into :-P

"I'm a member of that group of...outsiders. I always knew I was different...and for a long...long...time, all I wanted was to be another face in the crowd...but in the end...it wasn't possible. I guess it never was. So from now on, I'll just...concentrate on being who I really am. Some of you might not like that, some of you might even...find that frightening. But that's not my problem anymore. I have to be who I really am...and let fate take care of the rest"
basically tho, my thoughts on actually following thru with this is to stop worrying about what other people will think, which is rather hard for me to do. towards the end of the semester tho i may be able to, 'cause well i have no intention on staying in rapid once i graduate. not that rapid is exactly that horrible of a place, but its definately not where i wanna live. plus how often am i gonna see the people that go to tech? not all that often.

so yeah, in short my new year's resolution is to just simply to be me.

and for something random, who agrees that its kinda awkward to pull up to a 4-way stop at about the same time a cop does, where the cop is going in a perpendicular direction to you (yes i am a math major so i like to use words like perpendicular, i'd use the upside T but i don't know how to do that on here :-P). do you wait for the cop to go, and how long should you wait for the cop to go before you go?

ok my brain isn't function so well anymore, might be time for bed.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You know, Wisconsin's a great place to be yourself ... :)

Excellent resolution, by the way.