Tuesday, May 20, 2008

summer time desires

it finally feels like summer is here. altho it wouldn't really surprise me if somehow there was another freak snow storm in the not too distant future, as well that's rapid city for ya.

some of the things i'm looking forward to this summer (not counting my trip to Greece/Italy, as that's on a level all on its own) include:
-lightning/thunderstorms
-bbq's
-getting a real tan :-P
-finding a job
->and thus getting my own place, that is assuming i have some money to do so
-camping/hiking/boating or anything of the sort
-and many other things that currently aren't coming to mind

getting a place of my own i think is about the thing i'm looking forward to most, as then i'll be able to decorate it how i'd like. plus then i won't have to have everything i own be in a single room (unless i get a loft or whatnot, but then that's one big room :-P) like it all has been for the past 6 years or so. also, i'll be able to have all my clothes hanging up and such as i may have more than one closet (yes, i have that much clothes). once i do have a place of my own with everything spread around, i'm sure it will seem like i don't own anything. then again that will depend on how big of a place i end up getting, which will also most likely depend on whatever job i end up getting as well. my mind is definately getting ahead of itself.

i have been thinking about how i'd like to decorate and have seen some things i really wanted to buy but restrained myself which was really hard. what worked the best in keeping myself from buying anything is by telling myself that i already won't be able to fit everything into my car. anyways. . .the style (more or less) that i think i'm going to decorate in will be a combo of oriental and modern (if that makes any sense at all), with the main colors being dark red/maroon, black, and then some random lighter colors like orange and yellow (and possibly some green). i dunno, i have some sort of image in my mind, but also know that what i currently imagine will probably change by the time i do get a place.

and with that i'm going to hopefully find something to do that doesn't involve my computer.

No comments: